151 to 200 Employees
Ministry of Community Safety and Correctional Services
There are many easy methods to find a job in Canada like the internet, Recruiting Agencies, Personal Relations, Career Centers & Fairs, Human Resource & Skill Development Canada, Newspapers & Application directly to the companies, regardless of the type of job you’re looking for, the more ways you use, the better your odds.
Are you a conscientious and well-organized Registered Nurse, with a strong commitment to the care and well-being of others? If so, please consider this rewarding opportunity to join the healthcare teams at the Ministry of Community Safety and Correctional Services.
How do I qualify?
- You are currently a Registered Nurse in good standing with the College of Nurses of Ontario
- You are able to work rotating shifts in a health care unit that provides 7 days per week service up to 24 hours a day
Nursing Knowledge and Experience
- You have knowledge of professional standards and guidelines, best practice guidelines, and nursing theories, practices and relevant legislation (such as the Regulated Health Professions Act, Health Care Consent Act, Mental Health Act)
- You are able to complete a comprehensive health assessment
- You can elicit, interpret and evaluate information from patients and other sources and draw conclusions to develop treatment and care plans
- You are able to evaluate patient responses to planned interventions and to modify interventions in collaboration with the inter-professional team to achieve established goals
- You can address emergency situations and implement appropriate therapeutic interventions
Other Essential Skills
- You have excellent critical thinking and organizational skills to provide emergency, urgent and routine health care
- You have effective oral and written communication skills and health teaching skills to deal effectively with staff and clients
- You can work as a member of an inter-professional team and work with a diverse client group
- 2 Temporary – Irregular On-Call, duration up to 6 months, 285 Macdougall, Thunder Bay, North Region, Enhanced – CPIC, VSS, PIP, Niche/RMS, Credit
- 2 Temporary – Irregular On-Call, duration up to 6 months, Hwy 61, Thunder Bay, North Region, Enhanced – CPIC, VSS, PIP, Niche/RMS, Credit
Ontario Public Service Employees Union
Understanding the job ad – definitions
Category: Health and Social Services
- Please note that as of November 1, 2018, with the implementation of the Police Record Checks Reform Act, 2015, the security screening check requirements for this position may differ from those described in this job ad.
Note: For Applying for the job, please go through the job that suits you from the webpage and read the instruction carefully, fill up your details, provide us your RESUME for Registered Nurse (R.N.) In Canada, so that we can know you. We will email you once you are approved. Thank you.